Here are most of the areas of the website that KPC faculty members need to access on a regular basis.
- KPC Adjunct Faculty Handbook FY 16–17 (G Doc)
- KPC Syllabus Template (G Doc)
- KPC Syllabus Format Guide (G Doc)
- KPC Course Planner (Word Doc)
Faculty Learning Resources
KPC's MediaSpace is an online video hosting service where you can find updated faculty tutorials made by KPC's ETT, as well as upload videos yourself.
Popular Faculty Tutorials:
- Turn on your course and upload Syllabus (required each semester)
- Blackboard Export/Import for copying course information between semesters
- How to enter grades in UA Online
- How to contact students via UA Online
UAA's Atomic Learning offers short video tutorials and workshops on a number of concepts and software. Here are a few that can help you get started on your road to teaching success. Log in with your UA username and password.
How to enter grades in UA Online
- How to enter grades in UA Online (pdf)
- Web Grading FAQ's (pdf)
- Access UA Online at https://uaonline.alaska.edu
How to contact students through UA Online
It is a good idea to make your first contact with your students using their preferred email addresses out of UA Online. This is not always their assigned "@alaska.edu" email address. You can send them a welcome letter explaining how you plan to communicate with them moving forward.
If you plan to use the Blackboard Announcements or Email tools, those messages will always go the students' "@alaska.edu" addresses, so it is a good idea to remind them during this 1st contact how to: