Skip Navigation

COVID-19 Information

Kenai Peninsula College buildings are closed at this time. All business is being conducted remotely, or by appointment. Visit the KPC COVID Information Page for information about specific departments and services. For general questions, call 907.262.0330 or email More information is available about the UA wide response to Covid-19 at the UA Covid-19 Information website.

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage


COVID-19 FAQs for KPC Students

Lighted question mark sign

Is there emergency funding available for UAA (KPC) students?

Yes! The UAA Student Emergency Fund provides a one-time opportunity to provide financial assistance to University of Alaska Anchorage students who have experienced unanticipated, temporary, financial hardships resulting from emergency or crisis situations or unplanned major life events (e.g., accident, illness, theft of property, fire, death of a family member, sudden and unexpected change in employment status, etc.). Students can consider applying for assistance from this fund when all other options have been exhausted. The fund is to off-set a short-term critical need and is not intended to replace or supplement other forms of financial aid.

Apply or get more information about student emergency funding

Will you be offering classes this summer?

Yes, and in the interest of safety, all summer classes will be offered online. KPC faculty are experienced at offering online classes and they are some of the best in the business so your summer options will be top notch. Many KPC online classes also meet the stringent criteria required to be certified as a Quality Matters course. Because your experience in an online class impacts the quality of your education, it matters to us, and it shows in our courses.

KPC summer classes can be viewed on the Online Searchable Schedule

Can I take summer classes if I don’t have internet access?

The answer to this question depends on your location. Most University of Alaska campuses have worked out a solution to help students who do not have access to internet. The solution varies by campus and will change as the situation evolves to ensure student, staff, and faculty safety. To get current information for your location, contact the campus nearest you.

What will be happening this fall?

Faculty and staff are hard at work preparing for a full semester of face-to-face and online classes as usual. There are however many unknowns, so we are also contingency planning and will be prepared to transition online if needed for safety. 

What options are available to me if I could not finish my coursework because of COVID related events?

A single form (Petition for Refund/Exception to Policy) allows students to request to withdraw from a KPC course after the withdrawal deadline (April 10) and request a refund for that course at the same time. You will simply need to write a short statement explaining how you were impacted by events (ie: internet, childcare) to submit with the form.

Who should I call if I still have questions?

Kenai River Campus (Kenai/Soldotna area)
Phone: 907.262.0330
Counseling and Advising:  907.262.0383

Kachemak Bay Campus (Homer)
Phone: 907-235-7743
Advising: 907.235.1655

Resurrection Bay Extension Site (Seward)
Phone: 907.224.2285

Top ^