Skip Navigation

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage

KPC Driving Policies

Driving a Vehicle: KPC Owned or Rental Car

Traveling more than 50 miles round trip by vehicle must be approved in advance through Concur. This includes KPC owned vehicles, driving your personal vehicle, and renting a car.

All Drivers

The following documents must be on file and renewed annually in order to drive any KPC owned vehicle, a personal vehicle used while on KPC business, or a rental car:

  • Certificate of completion of driver safety training. From MyUA, click Employee Services Dashboard and login with your UAOnline credentials. Select My Community and then Learning Library. Look for Driver Safety: Tier 2 Position Required Training.
  •  Official individual driving record from the Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles.
  •  Completed UA Driver Authorization Form (Category 1 or 2) signed by you and your supervisor.
  • Copy of your current driver’s license.

Note: Driving records can be obtained at no cost to KPC. Please contact DeAnne Ruiz, KPC accounts payable/travel technical for details. Employees will not be reimbursed for the fees associated with obtaining their driving record.

Reserve A KRC Vehicle

Approved drivers can use KPC vehicles to conduct KPC business on a first-come, first-serve basis.  

Reserve a vehicle through the KPC Event Management System (EMS). Contact Marci Lea, director’s office administrative assistant for login access to EMS. 

In EMS choose the date, time, and vehicle. Include where you are going to should you need to be located.

Keys can be obtained in the KPC accounts payable/travel office. Signature is required at key pickup AND return.  If returning after business hours make arrangements in advance for key return. Failure to sign the logbook and return keys promptly will result in the loss of driving privileges.

Use Your Own Vehicle

Employees can apply for mileage reimbursement for personal vehicle usage. Roundtrip travel over 50 miles must be approved through Concur. Local travel under 50 miles round trip can be reimbursed by completing the Mileage Reimbursement Form.

Citations While Driving a KPC Vehicle

Employees are responsible for paying all fines unless the citation is for a vehicle deficiency that was not obvious when the vehicle was checked out.

Accidents While Driving on KPC Business

If involved in an accident while driving a KPC owned, personally owned or rental car, after 911 is called and it is safe, notify your supervisor or DeAnne Ruiz, KPC accounts payable/travel technician. Accident reporting forms will be supplied and must be completed within 24 hours.

Personal Vehicles

Vehicle owners in Alaska are required by law to carry liability insurance. The University of Alaska will cover liability claims that exceed the employee's personal insurance as long as the accident happened within the course and scope of employment. Physical damage to personal vehicles is not covered by the University of Alaska.

Rental Cars

The University of Alaska will cover claims against rental cars only if the rental was approved through Concur and the vehicle is being used during the course and scope of employment. If the employee is on a personal errand or if they violated the law while using a rental car, the University of Alaska reserves the right to deny the claim or may initiate actions against the employee to recover costs.

 Contact Info


DeAnne Ruiz
DeAnne Ruiz
Accounts Payable & Travel Technician
(907) 262-0308
UAA - Kenai Peninsula Campus
Enid S. McLane Building (EMB) 169K
Web Page





Top ^