Field Trip Procedures
In order for students to participate in field trips as part of a course or college-sponsored
activity, the following procedures must be observed before the field trip for the
protection of students, faculty and the college:
- All students, whether traveling in a KPC vehicle or not, must complete either the
Agreement for Participation University of Alaska Activity Form (age 18 and above) or if under the age of 18 must have the Acknowledgement of Risks and Release of Liability Form completed and signed by a parent or guardian. Participation is approved on a case-by-case
basis. Minors can have risks released, however, by parents signing the form they are
- Students will be required to transport themselves to a class field trip unless other
arrangements are made by the instructor.
- Student workers may be approved to help transport other students. The instructor may
contact the Travel Department for details.
- Student drivers with moving violations are prohibited from transporting other students.
- It is an instructor's responsibility to make sure all forms are submitted, not the
student's. If students do not submit the completed proper form, they are not allowed
to join the field trip.
- Any change in date of the field trip must be noted in the Travel Department.
- All injuries, no matter how trivial, must be reported to the Travel Department immediately
following the trip.
NOTE: Five-Year Records can be picked up in person at your local DMV. They cost $10 each,
but can be reimbursed through petty cash.
Students are eligible for Student Health Insurance for all field trips. The links
below provide more information.