Skip Navigation

Update on UA's COVID-19 response

For the latest information about the University of Alaska's response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, visit

Kenai Peninsula College buildings are closed at this time. All business is being conducted remotely, or by appointment. For general questions, please call 907-262-0330 or email

If you have particular questions regarding technology or need assistance to connect to KPC remotely, call 907-262-0351. If you would like to get more information on classes or set up an appointment for Counseling and Advising, please call 907-262-0383 or email For the Kachemak Bay Campus in Homer, please call Nancy Johnson at 907-235-1655 or email 

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage

Federal Policies

Federal Policies


At your high school, your parents guardians have access to your school information. At KPC your student records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). We are not allowed to discriminate in FERPA policy against students on the basis of age. So, regardless of your status as a minor, in order for you records, including grades, transcripts, proof of enrollment, or any other information about you to be released or discussed with a third party, including parents, you are required to:

  • Complete a Consent for Release of Student Information form, and;
  • Specify on the form what kind of information you authorize to be released and to whom it can be released, and;
  • Bring it in to Student Services. You will need to show photo ID, and you will need to sign it in front of KPC personnel.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Important Information Regarding Future Eligibility for Financial Aid

The grades you earn at KPC may affect your future college plans. You will establish a college transcript and a college GPA when you take classes at KPC. Your college GPA can affect your eligibility for admissions and/or financial aid, when you apply for them-whether you apply in your Senior year of high school or any time in the future. Future Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is calculated by college's financial aid departments to determine your eligibility to receive aid. These measures can include G.P.A. and completion ratio.

Meeting SAP at UAA/KPC requires a minimum GPA, Completion Ratio, and progress towards completing a degree on-time. Students are required to finish and pass a minimum of 2/3 of the courses they take and have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA in the UAA undergraduate courses they take. Furthermore, courses taken as a Secondary Student are included in a student’s progress toward their degree under the “150% rule,” which requires students to complete their degree by the time they’ve attempted 150% of the credits required for the degree. For more information, visit: the UAA Financial Aid Policies page.

Before Dropping a class:

Please get help before you need to drop. Talk to your instructor and KBC advisor. You must officially drop any class you have registered for by the withdrawal deadline or you will still be enrolled in the class, whether or not you complete the class requirements. Paperwork is required to drop a class, and a drop fee may be applied.


Top ^