At KPC, we want to see our students succeed in achieving their academic goals. Because
financial aid is oftentimes an integral part of achieving these goals, we have put
together a dedicated staff of financial aid experts who are always prepared to help
students navigate the options available to them. We are here to help.
Financial Aid Overview
- KPC's Financial Aid Office works in partnership with our main campus at UAA,
- UAOnline student portal is where you find requests for information and forms.
- Your University of Alaska assigned email address is where your monthly statement and
other important information is sent.
- You find the latest financial aid policy, procedures, and forms by visiting UAA's Office of Student Financial Aid website.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually. FAFSA opens October 1st for the following academic year. Note that the UAA/KPC Federal School Code is 011462.
- Students must be admitted to a degree or certificate program at the university in
order to qualify for Federal and State programs.
- Apply for KPC/UAA Scholarships on AcademicWorks. Opens October 1st, deadline is February 15th.
- Monitor your financial aid status and correspondence on UAOnline and email.
- Respond immediately to requests for further documents.
- Review your financial aid award letter and accept or decline your award offers.
- Undergraduates must be registered for minimum of six (6) "financial aid eligible"
credits for federal student loans.
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note (MPN), and Annual Student
Loan Acknowledgement at studentloans.gov.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to retain financial
aid eligibility, whether presently receiving financial aid or planning for a future
- If a student fails to complete satisfactory academic progress (SAP) they may have
their financial aid placed on "ineligible" status until an appeal and degree plan
have been submitted and approved.
- UAA SAP requirements:
- GPA: Undergraduates 2.0, Graduates 3.0
- Successful completion of 67% of attempted credits
- Maximum allowed timeframe is 150% of required credits for the student's program
Check the Status of Submitted FAFSA Applications
- Login to your UAOnline portal.
- UAOnline is designed to provide immediate notification of incomplete items or tasks
to accomplish, as well as allow for acceptance of funding offers.
- If you are unfamiliar with UAOnline, please contact the KPC Financial Aid Office for
assistance in navigating this system.
Reminders about Financial Aid Communications
- UAA email accounts are used to communicate instructions, policy, or eligibility information
- It is the student's responsibility to check their University of Alaska email account
- If you have set up your UAA email account to forward to another personal account,
be sure that it is working effectively. Using other email service providers can cause
UAA emails to be lost or marked as spam.
- Visit the UAA IT Computer Services website for additional information regarding your UA webmail account.
Please remember that it is your responsibility to maintain current address/telephone
number contact information within UAOnline. Any corrections may be submitted by the
student, under the "Personal Information" tab of the system.
Withdrawal Policy (Return of Title IV Funds Policy)
Students who withdraw from all classes prior to completing more than 60 percent of an enrollment term will have their eligibility for aid recalculated based on the
percent of the term completed. If you are thinking about withdrawing from all classes
PRIOR to completing 60 percent of the semester, you should contact the Office of Student
Financial Aid to see how your withdrawal will affect your financial aid.
Award & Eligibility Conditions
The University of Alaska Anchorage has defined several terms & conditions related
to receiving financial aid from this institution. All awards are contingent upon sufficient
appropriation of funds and your fulfillment of the terms and conditions of the award(s).
This publication constitutes notification in writing of the terms and conditions of
financial aid awards within UAA.