Skip Navigation

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage

Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions about Student Accounts and Refunds? Check out these frequently asked questions.

Student Account Payments, Payment Plans, and Cashiering FAQ

Student Account Refunds and Financial Aid Disbursements FAQ

  • Where did my check get mailed?

    Your check got mailed to your mailing address. You can view or change this address on UAOnline.

  • How do I know if I'm signed up for direct deposit

    You can view or change your direct deposit information on UAOnline

    --->Student Services and Account Information
    --->Direct Deposit Services

    to view existing direct deposit setup:

    --->View your direct deposit setup

     or to make changes:

    --->Change your direct deposit account

     Any changes to direct deposit become effective the following business day

    or to establish direct deposit:

    --->First time set up of direct deposit

  • Can I pick up my check?

    Due to the high volume of refunds that are processed through our office, we do not allow students to pick up checks. In addition, not having a valid mailing address is not a valid reason to pick up a check. If you would like to receive your refund quicker, please sign up for direct deposit as they take priority to printed checks.  

    If you are already signed up for direct deposit, canceling your direct deposit to have a check printed will not allow for a faster refund.

  • I think my check got lost in the mail, what should I do?

    If it has been more than 10 business days, you may request a stop pay by emailing the Student Accounts Office. An $18.50 fee applies to all stop pay requests and a check will be re-issued. To avoid lost and returned checks, please sign up for direct deposit on UAOnline to have your refunds put directly into your bank account

  • How do I return loan money that has been disbursed to me?

    You have until the last day of the semester a disbursement was issued or thirty days, whichever is greater, to return loan funds to your lender through UAA KPC. Please complete a Revision Request to return funds. You may remit payment (if you received direct deposit) or return your uncashed check at the KPC Cashiering or by mailing it to: 

    Kenai Peninsula College
    Attn: Cashiering
    156 College Road
    Soldotna, AK 99669  

    If you would like to return funds outside of this time frame, please return funds directly to your lender.

  • My refund got sent to the wrong bank account, or the credit card I paid with is closed. What should I do?

    The disbursements office is typically notified 5-7 business days after initiation of a direct deposit if it has been rejected. Rejection of a direct deposit will prompt a paper check to print. Please make sure your mailing address is up to date.  

    If you paid with credit/debit card, your refund will be credited back to your account. If that account is closed, your bank will re-route your refund to your new card or issue you a refund. Please contact your bank or credit card company for more information regarding the status of your refund.  

    The full refund policy is available in the catalog. 

  • What is Title IV?

    Title IV is the section of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that regulates the administration of the U.S. federal student financial aid programs. Title IV refers to federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, TEACH grants, Direct PLUS Loans, Pell Grants, SEOG and Federal Work-Study funding. 

  • I'm expecting a private donor scholarship, how do I know when it has arrived?

    Once the check arrives at KPC or UAA, it will be logged into our paperless repository. The award will then funnel through the Financial Aid office, then to the Student Accounts office for application to the student account. 

    Due to the manual nature of these awards, processing time can take up to 10 business days from the arrival of the check. 

    Because many have enrollment requirements, these awards will post to your account after the add/drop deadline.  

    To ensure timely payment, please refer to your donor's requirements. Advise your donors of the Donor Instructions on our website.

  • I am sponsored by an outside UA entity; how will I know when the payment is posted for that sponsorship?

    Once KPC has received the proper authorization from the outside entity/agency, the charges that are authorized should clear off of your account.  

    We process daily; however, during peak times, it may take 5-7 business days to see those charges paid on your account.  

    Monitor your account via UAOnline


    • If you change your schedule after the original authorization was processed, please let our offices know so we can review and adjust your student account as needed. 
    • If the agency does not cover all the costs/charges on your student account, you will be responsible for paying the remaining amounts by the payment deadline or your account will be subject to late fees and holds preventing future registration.
    • Authorization must be received prior to the payment deadline to avoid late fees.
  • I am a Post 9/11 GI Bill® recipient; how does it work?
    1. Start out by reviewing the KPC Veterans Services Program page to start the certification process.

    2. Once the certification is made and after the add/drop deadline, the University will submit a payment request to the VA on your behalf.

    3. Any fees or tuition above and beyond what the VA certifies is the student’s responsibility to pay by the Payment Deadline. Check current Academic Dates and Deadlines.

    4. Generally speaking, your student account will be in a deferred state up to the amount covered by the VA. 

    GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

  • I don't understand my 1098T, how can I figure out what amounts are in each box?

    The IRS 1098-T, tuition statement, reports qualified tuition and related expenses reportable by an eligible educational institution. Education tax credits may be available to you if you’re paying education costs for yourself or a student who is a member of your immediate family. Form 1098-T enables you to determine if you qualify for one or more of these education tax credits. Additional 1098T Instructions are available on the IRS Website. You may also call the UA 1098-T hotline at 1-877-563-7605 for more information.   

    Additional questions? Please visit the University of Alaska 1098-T FAQ's

    How to print your 1098-T: 

    Go to UAOnline

    1. Login to the secured area (This can only be done by the student receiving the 1098-T)

    2. Select Student Services, Financial Aid & Account Information

    3. Select Student Account

    4. Select Tax Notification

    5. Enter Tax Year and submit 

    Please note: The 1098-T is based on a single calendar year, Jan. 1- Dec. 31 of any year and NOT the academic or aid year.

  • I signed up for an electronic 1098T, how can I print that out?

    You can view or change your 1098T information at UAOnline:  

    --->Student Services and Account Information 

    --->Student Account 

    --->Tax Notification (1098T), then enter the tax year

  • I did not receive my 1098T in the mail. Why not?
    1. If you are signed up for electronic 1098T's you will need to find your form on UAOnline.

    2. Is your mailing address outdated? If so, please update that on UAOnline

    3. You did not have charges or payments during the tax year in question. Please visit the University of Alaska 1098-T FAQ's.

     Please see your campus administrator if you need a copy of your current or past 1098T form. For security reasons and to protect your personal information, we cannot email or fax these forms.

 Still have questions? Contact Christian Carr.

No photo
Christian Carr
Student Accounts

Top ^