KPC offers high school juniors and seniors the chance to take college credits for
a discounted rate while still in high school!
Dual Enrollment Programs
KPC offers multiple options for high school students to earn college credit while
still in high school. Many of these programs offer discounted (or free!) tuition for
high school juniors and seniors. Review the options below to see which program might
be the best fit for you. Still not sure? Schedule a meeting with our Dual Enrollment
Coordinator to discuss your options.
- Discounted Tuition Program
- Must be a resident of the Kenai Peninsula Borough & may be enrolled at any public
or private school
- Up to 6 credits per semester are discounted (extra at full cost)
- Student is responsible for the remainder of the tuition, all fees, & the cost of textbooks
- Students can be enrolled at any KPBSD brick and mortar school
- Take as many as 13 credits a semester (7 in their first semester)
- All tuition, fees, and textbooks are paid for by KPBSD
- KPBSD Middle College Website
- Classes taught at the high school that receive college credit
- Cost is significantly reduced to $25 per credit (no additional fees)
- Only selected courses identified by KPBSD and KPC
- Students enrolled in Connections Home School are eligible
KPC also offers Career & Technical Education (CTE) courses for Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, and Computer Applications. These programs are completely
paid for by the school district and each class has its own admission requirements.
JumpStart Program Details
- Getting Started
- Register for Classes
- Register for classes at UAOnline.
- High School students can register for each semester beginning the first day of general
registration. For general registration dates, check the Academic Calendar.
- All prerequisites will apply, including required test scores, previous coursework,
and faculty, program, departmental, or class standing prerequisites.
- Submit a completed JumpStart Form to receive the discount.
- Students must be residents of the Kenai Peninsula Borough and have junior or senior
standing with their high school. Freshmen and sophomores may take KPC classes but
their tuition will not be subsidized by the JumpStart Program.
- The discounted tuition rate is only applied to courses originating at a KPC campus
(Soldotna, Homer, or Seward).
- EVERY semester the high school student must submit a completed JumpStart Form to receive the discount.
- The Kenai Peninsula Borough pays approximately 2/3 of the tuition charge for up to
6 credits per semester.
- The discounted tuition rate is contingent upon approval of Borough funds. If funds are not approved, students will be
responsible for the full cost. Students who cannot afford the cost must complete a Drop form by the 100% refund deadline.
- There are fees attached to each class. The JumpStart discount does not apply to fees.
Please check the fees of your classes as some fees are significantly higher than others
(i.e., Welding fee).
- Students are responsible for any outstanding account balance, all fees and textbooks.
- The JumpStart form is due no later than 5:00 pm Friday of the 2nd week of classes (the last day to Add/Drop).
- Students with incomplete, missing, or late forms will not receive the JumpStart discount.
- Students are responsible for paying their account balance prior to the published deadlines
for late fees, or late fees will accrue.
- Signing the JumpStart form gives permission for the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District or the student’s
home-school program to access his/her KPC academic and registration records, including
courses taken, grades received and enrollment information for the purposes of verifying
enrollment and satisfactory academic progress.
- A FERPA Authorization to Release Educational Record Information form is required for parents/guardians to access their minor’s educational records.
- Students are eligible for Jumpstart once they have completed their Sophomore year,
and can begin taking KPC courses the summer before their Junior standing in high school.
Students can take up to six credits per semester for up to six semesters (up to 30
credits total). Students who have graduated from high school are no longer eligible
Kenai River Campus (Soldotna), 907.262.0383
Kachemak Bay Campus (Homer), 907.235.7743
Resurrection Bay Extension Site (Seward),907-262-0285