Senior Citizen Registration
Tuition Waiver for Senior Citizens
Regular tuition shall be waived for Alaska residents who are 66 years of age prior
to the beginning (first day of class) of the semester they are registering for, and
who register on a space available basis; that is, when courses can accommodate such
students in addition to other enrolled students.
Use of senior citizen waivers is governed accordingly:
- Senior citizens must pay all additional course fees.
- To waive tuition, senior citizens must register and present a completed tuition waiver
with proof of age during the late registration period.
- Registration using a senior citizen tuition waiver for payment is permitted only during
late registration and must be completed by the ADD deadline.
- Senior citizens may elect to register before the first day of class; however, they
must pay full tuition and fees (use of senior citizen tuition waiver will not be accepted).
- Senior citizens electing to register and pay tuition are subject to all payment deadlines.
- Refunds will NOT be available to senior citizens who drop courses and then re-register
in the same courses using a tuition waiver during late registration.
The Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Form must be presented in person, along with the Registration Form and proof of age at the time of registration.