- Food Bank (907) 262-3111: The Kenai Peninsula Food Bank distributes food to local non-profit member organizations,
along with emergency food boxes and USDA commodities to individuals. The Soup Kitchen
is open to the public.
- Homer Community Food Pantry (907) 235-1968: Emergency food for those in need. Grants provide additional emergency fuel and housing
assistance. Eligibility is determined by the grant requirements. Application is required.
- LOVE Inc. (907) 283-5683: LOVE Inc. is a clearinghouse ministry working together with the agencies and churches
to generate untapped church resources to meet community needs, screen, verify and
refer clients to people who can help identify and teach self-help skills. Help with
food, housing, medical resources. Call for more information.
- Salvation Army (907) 283-3879: Food, clothing, shelter and emergency needs, USDA government commodities, thrift store,
women's support group, transportation to church provided. Bishops Attic - 262-5152
- provides clothing and essential household items for persons in need (walk-in or
thru LOVE, Inc)
- Division of Public Assistance (907) 226-6176: General assistance with state and federal funded assistance programs.
- AHFC Public Housing Assistance (907) 260-7633 - Rental assistance to low income families based on gross income and number of persons
- WIC (Women, Infants and Children) (907) 283-4707: WIC is a supplemental food program for low income women, infants and children up
to five years old.
Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- Al Anon (907) 262-9231 or (907) 235-7210: Confidential support services for friends, spouses or family members of alcoholics.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (907) 262-2496 or (907) 235-6822: Goal is to help members achieve sobriety.
- Narcotics Anonymous (907) 335-9456: Goal is to help members achieve drug free lives.
- Serenity House (907) 714-4521: Chemical dependency treatment program of the Central Peninsula Hospital.
- Nakenu Family Center (907) 283-6693: Youth and adult chemical dependence recovery; individual or family mental health;
Indian child welfare; tribal social work program.
- Cook Inlet Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (CICADA) (907) 283-3658 or (907) 235-8001: Out patient chemical dependency counseling for adults and adolescents. Services range
from evaluation, referrals, education, outpatient treatment, and after care services.
- Tobacco Control Alliance (907) 260-3682: Education and cessation programs related to all tobacco use.
This is a partial list of the comprehensive Community Resource Directory available
in the KPC Student Health Clinic office. See our complete list of community resources on the central Peninsula.
Additionally, you can view our list of resources on the Southern Peninsula.