Please read important instructions below before submitting your tuition wavier.
Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver
Not sure about the age which you qualify? Check out the Eligibility Matrix!
UA welcomes senior citizens to its classrooms and waives tuition for those eligible
under Board of Regents policy R05.10.080.B. Regular tuition shall be waived for Alaska
residents who meet the following criteria: they must be age eligible to receive full
(unreduced) social security retirement benefits and they must register on a space
available basis. "Space available basis" means when courses can accommodate such students
in addition to other enrolled students.
Follow three easy steps to complete registration:
- If you have not taken classes in the last two years, complete a Non-Degree Application
for Admission at UAOnline
- Find the class or classes you want to take and write down class information, including
the CRN number. Do not register before the first day of the semester
- Submit Senior Tuition Waiver to the Campus Cache prior to the payment deadline
Please note these important facts about the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver (SCTW):
- SCTW waives tuition only.
- SCTW is only accepted for classes registered for on or after the first day of the semester
and on a space-available basis.
- SCTW does not apply if the student has registered prior to the first day of semester.
- Seniors are responsible for any student or course fees associated with the course(s).
- Payment must be submitted by the payment deadline to avoid late fee(s).
- SCTW forms are only accepted until the last day of class for the term in question; submissions
past the term end date will be denied.
Waivers may be submitted in person, emailed to KPC Student Accounts, or faxed to (907)
For more information, including eligibility and restrictions, see Regents Policy 05.10.080.B (PDF)