Skip Navigation

Update on UA's COVID-19 response

For the latest information about the University of Alaska's response to the evolving COVID-19 situation, visit

Kenai Peninsula College buildings are closed at this time. All business is being conducted remotely, or by appointment. For general questions, please call 907-262-0330 or email

If you have particular questions regarding technology or need assistance to connect to KPC remotely, call 907-262-0351. If you would like to get more information on classes or set up an appointment for Counseling and Advising, please call 907-262-0383 or email For the Kachemak Bay Campus in Homer, please call Nancy Johnson at 907-235-1655 or email 

© 2019 Kenai Peninsula College. All rights reserved.
University of Alaska Anchorage

Veterans Services Program

Attention: All Students Receiving VA Educational Benefits

A VA compliance survey is being conducted at Kenai Peninsula College. Although a VA representative will not be available on the campus physically, you are encouraged to contact VA directly at 1.888.442.4551 with any comments or concerns, you may have concerning Kenai Peninsula College.

KPC's Veterans Services Program

The Veterans Services office is located upstairs in the McLane Building at the Kenai River Campus and is headed up by Royce Bird (or call 907-262-0261) veteran services coordinator. She is available to meet with veteran students from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. 

Future Students

If you have never used VA benefits at any other college or educational facility, please follow these steps:

Additional Step for Transfer Students

Attention MGIB and VRAP Eligible Veterans

For both VRAP, Veterans Retraining Assistance Program and regular MGIB benefit programs, you will need to certify your attendance EVERY MONTH with the VA. This requirement can be completed by calling the DVA office in Muskogee, OK at 1-877-823-2378 or by submitting your "Monthly Verification of Enrollment" form (VA Form 22-8979) via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online system. This system also provides basic benefit information, such as a remaining number of benefit months.

U.S. Department of VA - Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Under Chapter 31)

Contact Info

Royce Bird
Royce Bird
Veterans Services Coordinator
(907) 262-0261
Kenai River Campus
Enid S. McLane Building (EMB) 275
Web Page
Top ^